Akwa Ibom Commissioner of Police, Mr. Murtala Mani, while briefing newsmen, on Saturday in Uyo said a 51 year old woman, Rose Edward, is in police custody for allegedly buying a 2-month-old baby for N450,000.

Mani who spoke through ASP Cordelia Nwanwe, the Akwa Ibom Police Command's Spokesperson said that a homeopathic doctor, Eneyo Nyang, was also arrested in connection with the crime.

He said that the buyer Edward who is from Rivers accepted to have bought the baby because she needed a baby of her own.

The baby's mother, Comfort Effiong, said that she sold her baby because there was no one to take care of her.
"I sold the baby because of help; I don't have anybody to help me. My father is late and my mother is sick and I don't have anybody to help me."

Mani advised members of the public wishing to adopt children to follow due process.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post